Porky Pork

Before I retire to bed yesterday, I browsed my recipe books. I decided to do something Thai as I never tried that style before. Oops, I've tried making Tom Yum soup but it turn out to be more like hot and sour soup..*sigh*.... Anyway, I successfully made Spicy Minced Pork for dinner today.


Since I'm too lazy to type out the ingredients, I took a picture of it. Am I genius or what?! Haha..


Method

1. Heat oil in a wok.

2. Add garlic, ginger and onions. Stir-fry for 2 mins.

3. Throw in the minced pork and fry until golden brown.

4. Add bell-pepper and chillis (red and green) and stir-in fish sauce, soy sauce and thai green-curry paste (you can also use the red-curry paste) in high heat.

5. Add the chopped tomatoes and bean-sprouts and fry for another 3-4 mins.

6. Season to taste.

7. Serve in a lettuce leaves.

I made a simple soup as well.. Salted fish, chicken and tofu soup.. First, marinate chicken cubes with salt, pepper and corn flour for at least 20mins. Then, boil 2 litre water. Add the washed and chopped salted fish, chicken cubes and ginger slices to the boiling water. Season with, salt, sugar and sesame oil and bring to boil again. Once boiling, turn to low and let it simmer for 15mins. Finally, add bean curd cubes and heat through. Serve hot with chopped spring onions.

3 smooched:

Anonymous,  October 18, 2007 at 7:40 PM  

Pork 9/10
Soup 7/10
Roti Jala 8/10

jps October 19, 2007 at 6:52 PM  

you are very lucky you are getting 8 and 9s - his sisters never got beyond 7!

Siamesecatz October 19, 2007 at 8:57 PM  

He's being bias since I'm his wife *batting eyelashes*...lol..

Post a Comment

Labels

Altered (1) Bookmark (2) Brooch (1) Charm (1) Cooking (10) Family (9) Friends (1) GA (11) Handphone Charms (1) Info (10) Jasmine (7) Paper Craft (10) Party (1) Ramblings (45) Recipe (4) Ring (1) School (1) Sewing (11) Travelogue (12) Tutorial (3)

Followers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jasmine Asha Parameswaran

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers