A very looooong day!

The day started with me going to Tmn Tun Sardon Market with Sella. She wanted to get some beef and chicken feet for Shebby (her pet dog) and I needed pandan leaves, spring onions and coriander leaves. It was my first time there. It is a very small market but you can get most of the meat and vegetables there.

When I was browsing the net last night, I came across a shop in Penang selling baking supplies.. I got so excited about it.. It's located at Carnavon St. I brought Sella along as I do not know the area. After scouting the Komtar area, we found the shop. I bought a lot of stuff and spent about 100bucks. Phew! but it's worth the money..

After sending Sella home, I started to bake cookies for Diwali. Mother gave a cookie press. So I decided to put it to use. First, I made butter cookies but I didn't turn out well. A bit hard..


From the picture you can see that Sella is my assistant in the kitchen.. She's my unpaid 'Maid'. Lol! Then, I continued baking Appu's favourite, Chocolate Chip Cookies. At least these cookies turned out yummy! Ahh..*relieve sigh*. I was quite depressed as my first cookies were hard!

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients

1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 - 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used about 1 1/2 cup)

Method

1. Preheat oven to 175 degree Celsius
2. Using mixer, beat cream sugars, butter, shortening, oil, egg, milk and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients, nuts and chocolate chips.
4 .Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 8-12 minutes. (Cookies are light in color when done.)
I made two large cookies with the last piece of dough. It was a reward for Appu as he cooked us dinner.. It was 'Tau-yu Bak' (Soy Sauce Pork). I was craving for it for so long and I finally got it! It was his first time cooking it but it tastes absolutely divine!!!! *drooling*. Thanks, dear!

1 smooched:

Anonymous,  October 23, 2007 at 8:12 AM  

i see thick layers of porky fat...yummm.

Post a Comment

Labels

Altered (1) Bookmark (2) Brooch (1) Charm (1) Cooking (10) Family (9) Friends (1) GA (11) Handphone Charms (1) Info (10) Jasmine (7) Paper Craft (10) Party (1) Ramblings (45) Recipe (4) Ring (1) School (1) Sewing (11) Travelogue (12) Tutorial (3)

Followers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jasmine Asha Parameswaran

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers